We at SAGraphics, work with our clients to better understand their business and expectations so we can model an on site SEO package that works for them.
Before we look into your websites friendliness, we may discuss a few other things with you...if you are a UK based business and want to better your visibility to UK internet users, is your website hosted on a UK based server? We can help you increase your visibility simply by advising you on the best hosting company for your target market, or even move your hosting to us! Also, how fast is your website to load? Page speed is another important factor to search engines. Are you currently using shared hosting? Did you know that if another website hosted the same server could get you blacklisted if they do something untoward?
Following 'white hat' SEO techniques, we will always look firstly at the top 10 SEO practices to get your business seen:
- The Meta Keywords, Description and Robots tag — Google used description copy to market your site in its results, treated as optimised sales copy. Make sure your sitemap.xml page is CONSTANTLY called up to the search engines
- The Title Tag – The MOST important aspect of on-page SEO as search engines use this tag to determine the content held on that particular page.
- The first sentence in the body text and the first words used per sentence — The words used in the first sentence are most important due to the implementation of Google’s LSI algorithm, and content must be humanly readable and relevant.
- The URL — The subdirectory folder and page of content should be SEO’d. Often referred to as the 'trail'. For example, yourdomain.com/ecommerce/ecommerce-marketing-tactics.html would perform better in search engine results for "ecommerce marketing tactics" as a search term.
- The H1 and H2 Tags are very important – The structure the page for the search engines to better index the pages related to the main content of the page.
- Same Site Link Texts — Helping the search engines to make quick entries into other pages within your site using the relevant keywords.
- Same-Site Link URLs — Ensuring that your linked keywords also have search engine friendly urls, as described in point 4.
- Outbound Link Text — Resources you link to must be SEO’d as he same site links...however, if you're linking to a heavy weighted social media site, for example, we ensure the 'bots' don't follow these links (we don't want them to leave just yet!)
- IMG Alt Tags — Images within the site should have good file names and image alt tags - you may not have thought about it, but your images could help your website appear in search engine image results...
- Keyword Density — This is very important and must be treated with care. Search engines can view your website as being a bit 'spammy' if too many keywords and variants are used. We are careful to deliver a balance that will help your site be viewed correctly.
The above SEO techniques are by no means an exhaustive list. They are just the basics, however, some sites only required the basics, and some require more advanced SEO. Simply contact us to receive a tailor made quote.